About Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Sharma
Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Sharma
MBBS, MD (AIIMS, New Delhi)
Fellowship in Pain medicine (Apollo Hospital)
EULAR certified Rheumatologist
Dr. Sanjeev is a specialist in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PMR) also known as "Physiatrist". He completed his undergraduate medical training (MBBS) from SMS Medical College, Jaipur. He went to prestigious and well-renowned All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi for his postgraduation (MD) in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, under the guidance of Prof. Dr. U. Singh (Prof and Head, Dept of PMR, AIIMS, New Delhi) who is a well-known expert in the field of Rehabilitation in India. He also completed Fellowship in Pain Medicine (FPM) from Apollo Hospitals during the subsequent year.
He is Life Member of:
- International Association of Study of Pain (IASP)
- International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF)
- Indian Association of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (IAPMR)
- International society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine (ISPRM)
- Being Trained at prestigious and well-renowned AIIMS, New Delhi, Dr. Sanjeev holds experience in making diagnosis and formulating treatment plan for patients suffering from different types of acute/chronic pain syndromes e.g. Back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, knee pain, foot pain, Numbness/Tingling in hands or foot, Headache, muscle strain, ligament sprain, bursa inflammation, post - traumatic pain, etc.
- He is proficient in giving immediate and long-lasting pain-relief with injection procedures e.g. intra-articular, soft-tissue, trigger point injections, nerve blocks (for Frozen shoulder), Botox injections (for spasticity), epidural steroid injections, Prolotherapy, etc.
- He prescribes exercises (according to muscle's biomechanics concepts) which definitely impacts upon pathology of disease and provides permanent and re-injury prevention benefits.
- He uses orthotics or splints for rapid patient recovery and prevents need to take rest from work. He does not depends upon or prescribe daily use of physiotherapeutic machine modalities, so those patients who have not benefitted from physiotherapy modalities should visit his clinic for accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- Doctor Sanjeev is specialist in treatment of lower back pain, back pain caused by slipped disc, sciatica, leg pain, foot pain, knee pain, frozen shoulder, neck pain, cervical pain, stiff neck, neck and shoulder pain, neck and arm pain, neck and hand pain, multiple joint pain, tennis elbow, headache, arthritis, joint pain relief, heel pain, ankle sprain, muscle strain, ligament injury or sprain, etc.
- If you are suffering from severe low back pain due to sports injury then you must consult best doctor who can provide complete cure or pain relief through pain injections, medicines and physiotherapy exercises. Sometimes, there may be need of home therapy, which is also provided by top pain clinic in jaipur. Some patients have severe pain in spine or back ache (kamar dard) due to slip disc or herniated disc or spinal cord problem, in which patient may have tingling sensation, cramps, numbness or heaviness in foot, leg or toes. For these problems, posture modification, ergonomic advice is given along with medicines, interventional pain management (epidural injection) and physiotherapy treatment. Some patients have tail-bone pain or coccodynia for which sitting modification or bed modification is also prescribed.
- He also treats patient with knee pain (ghutna dard), knee joint pain, knee injury, ACL tear (Anterior cruciate ligament injury) or runners knee, which are usually due to age related knee osteoarthritis. He also prescribes tips to avoid knee replacement or knee surgery by regular exercises, knee injections (with or without steroids or PRP or platelet rich plasma, prolotherapy) and knee braces.
- Patients with shoulder injury, shoulder pain (kandha dard), stiff shoulder or frozen shoulder (kandha jaam or kandhe ki jakdan), shoulder blade pain, upper back pain, arm pain, etc. are also treated with modern treatment techniques i.e nerve blocks (for Frozen shoulder).
- Patients with Neck pain (gardan dard), neck injury, stiff neck or sore neck, severe neck muscle pain, neck and hand pain, neck and shoulder pain, cervical pain with tingling sensation or numbness in hand are also treated and get relief with different medicines, injection procedures and latest therapies/exercises/postural modification.
- Patients with stroke (lakva or lakwa), face paralysis, cerebral palsy, brain injury, etc. are treated with expert rehabilitation physician, specialist occupational therapists and physiotherapists including BOTOX injections.
New Life centre is a dedicated centre which provides services for those who have suffered functional loss due to pain, disabling illness or injury. Working closely with patient and families, our team designs a care plan to meet each patient’s individual goals and needs. With a team of highly trained professionals, state-of-the-art equipment and compassionate spirit, New Life centre is here to assist you for better life.
To schedule an appointment, please call: +91.8890003130.