Pain in neck is a very common disorder. It could be due to undue stress on neck from prolonged working in bent-neck position (postural cause), neck injuries, cervical strain, intervertebral disc prolapse/herniation, spondylosis, etc.
- Dull aching pain in neck (in cervical strain)
- Burning, shooting pain, tingling sensation over lower neck, arm or hand, upper back region (cervical radicular pain)
- Numbness, heaviness and weakness of fingers or thumb (cervical radiculopathy) due to nerve compression
- Stiffness of neck – Due to paraspinal muscle spasm or age-related degenerative changes
- X-Ray of cervical spine
- MRI of cervical spine
Treatment Available (Depending upon cause):
- Rest to neck with cervical collar for 4-7 days (In cases of acute neck pain with radicular pain in arm/hand)
- Exercise Therapy: To obtain full range of movement of neck, flexibility and strength of neck muscles
- Physical modalities: Intermittent cervical traction, Ultrasound therapy, TENS, Hot packs, Ice packs, etc.
- Cervical Epidural injection: For patients with cervical radicular or radiating pain in hand who are not getting adequate benefit with medication and exercise therapy.
- Medial branch block
- Radio-frequency neurotomy or denervation
For more information, contact New Life centre +91.8890003130.