Over a last few years, there is one treatment modality which is gaining worldwide recognition. It is PROLOTHERAPY.
Prolotherapy (also known as regenerative therapy/ proliferation therapy) is a technique in which a small volume of an solution (proliferant) is injected at multiple sites around a ligament or tendon insertion or within a injured/damaged joint. This solution initiates a localised inflammatory response at the site of injection, which induces proliferation of new repairing cells, collagen synthesis and new blood vessel formation at the treated area.
Scientific evidence suggests that injection causes stimulation of synthesis and release of various types of growth factors e.g. VEGF, platelet-derived growth factor, connective tissue growth factor,epithelial growth factor and basic fibroblastic growth factor from surrounding cells, resulting in repairing of damaged tissues and near-natural healing of injuries.
1. Near-natural way of healing
2. No side-effects
3. Very effective in chronic or past injuries
4. Very Low cost per injection
1. Multiple injections over injured/painful area (2-10 injections)
2. Multiple sessions of injections required (2-5 sessions, usually weekly)
1. Nearly all types of Ligament or tendon injuries e.g. Heel pain, Plantar fasciitis, Tennis elbow, Golfer's elbow, Knee ligament injuries, Ankle sprains,
2. Muscle sprains/ tears e.g. Supraspinatus tendinitis, Rotator cuff tear, Hamstring tendinitis, Tendoachillis strain.
3. Age-related Joint injuries e.g. Osteoarthritis knee,ankle,thumb; Low back ache; neck pain; Sacroiliac joint, TMJ dysfunction
4. Sports injuries
So Get treated with latest modality...